Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Advent and a few other things

A friend of mine recently pointed out the significance of Advent. It's not a season I really have ever thought about much before now. I was also struck by it's importance in Mass today. Before it was always the season we had to get through before Christmas. I hope I'm coming into a greater understanding of the season as a time of hope and preparation. Not just for Christmas Day as a day for family and friends, but also in joyous anticipation of the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.

My first memories of having an Advent wreath are from when I was a bit older, but I've always loved them. I fell in love with one when my mother and I were out shopping not long before Nathan and I got married and they gave it to us for our first Christmas. It is one of my favorite parts of the season.



Hecate seems to think of the tree skirt, at least, before yesterday, as her own personal blanket, it seems like every time I turned around, she was messing with it. Nathan walked through the living room and started laughing. I went to see what was so funny and had to go get the camera.

I love wrapping presents, so our tree already has a bunch under it, and Hecate is without her blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment