Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2008

My first jump

I'm not a natural blogger. I look at it as something of a less private, more public journal and I have tried and failed at so many journals in the past this seems a little silly, even to me. But I enjoy reading people's blogs and thought having my own might be fun.

I am a misplaced small-town girl from a moderate family of big families. My husband grew up on a farm and we have been living in an urban setting for the past two years and hating almost every minute of it. So that's where the jumping comes from.

We're working on buying a house back at home. Well, really we're looking at buying part of a house. It belongs to Nathan (my husband)'s parents and aunt and uncle. His aunt and uncle want to sell their part to us and I've been in it a couple of times and loved it.

I've always believed that when you have a major decision to make you think about it, pray about it, ask your patron saint for intercession, and then get to a point where you look at all the possible consequences and all the possible positives of it and just jump one way or the other. Nathan and I decided it was time for us to jump.

This is the only time in my life I have looked back after I jumped. See, we were planning on starting the adoption process this year and if we are approved for the loan on the house we won't be able to afford adoption this year. I'm not sure how I feel about this. It seems logical to get a house first and then children, but I keep looking over my shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment