Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

How I Hate Driving

My absolute least favorite activity of any typical day is driving. I hated it in Drivers Ed and I hate it now. This wasn't a problem when I worked six minutes from home. It's a big problem now that my commute is anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and 15.

Unfortunately this makes me very nervous and gives me, if not quite road rage, at least road anxiety. It started to get bad a few months ago and I decided I needed to figure out a way to calm down and be a more courteous driver.

Everytime something happens that makes me nervous or upset, I say three Hail Marys. One for the person who caused my anxiety, that they reach their destination safely. One for me, that I get where I am going safely and one that everyone else on the road gets where they need to be.

I found it has cut down on my anxiety and fear a lot and helped me to understand others dislike the driving experience as much as I.

No comments:

Post a Comment