Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

How does our garden grow?

I have never been much of a gardener. I never had a garden before, I never really did any weeding, except as a punishment I think, once or twice. So when we moved in here and the gardens were in such horrible shape...still are...I was a little intimidated. It turns out I actually don't really mind weeding and we planted some vegetables as well. It actually looks kind of nice.

These peonies have been here since before we moved in and they just bloomed this past week. I think they're quite pretty, even if I don't enjoy how peonies smell.
This is our vegetable garden, which my dad actually planted because I had no idea what I was doing. The plants were a birthday gift from my sister-in-law Janelle. We have four tomato plants, two cucumbers and two squash. And the really weedy leafy thing to the left is a patch of rhubarb that was there when we moved in.


My parents separated their hostas and donated the separations to us. We planted them under a big tree in our side yard, which is having a bit of a problem with ground cover. As you can see, we attempted to sod and it didn't take very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment