Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Parking lot rose

One of Nathan's duties at his new job is to pick up the litter on campus.

So I came home last week to find a white rose sitting on the kitchen table with a Kit Kat bar.

This totally floored me. Not only did it mean Nathan had picked up on the fact that roses are the only flower I care about, but that white roses are my favorite. (It's a weird family-politics thing.) He also seemed to have remembered how much I love chocolate.

I picked up the rose and was all excited when Nathan came bounding into the room and said, "Hey, did you see what I found in the parking lot?!"

........Yeah.

To his credit, the chocolate was great and the rose opened beautifully.


3 comments:

  1. Give Nathan credit, he brought it home for you and didn't eat the KitKat bar himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan doesn't like chocolate.

    ReplyDelete