Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Down on the Farm

The nursery is finally so much put together that I'm calling it done.  And Elijah's only 4 months old.

Come on in.
A long time ago...like, back when we decided we were going to pursue adoption, I decided the nursery theme would be "farm animals."  I love the wall appliques, they were just what I wanted.  And the ducky on the hamper was actually a present to me a long time ago from a friend of Anne's.

The glider was a $25 garage sale purchase.  The reason all the nursery furniture is white is: I wanted a white bookcase that I could paint with our favorite quotes from books.  It turns out my painting skills kind of suck, but I love it anyway.  The two quotes you can see are "Cry God for Harry, England, and St. George" from Shakespeare's Henry V, and "And the tree was happy," from The Giving Tree.  There are also lines from Tale of Two Cities, Richard II, Hamlet, I Robot, The Story of Ferdinand, Peter Pan, Julius the Baby of the World, Jane Eyre, The Christmas Carol, The Princess Bride, Sharpe's Fury, Agnes Grey, Through the Looking Glass, and The Gunslinger.

For reasons I don't fully understand, when we brought Elijah home, I became a crafting machine.  I blame Pinterest.  I couldn't find a cute reasonably priced farm mobile, so I thought...I can knit, I'll just make the mobile.  The pig, chicken, and sheep are cute.  The cow looks like a giant weasel.  When he's done with needing a mobile, I'm going to keep the first three as toys in his room, the cow's going in the trash.

The rocking sheep came from a garage sale as a birthday present from my in-laws, who also bought the bookcase for my birthday.  I love it, seriously, a rocking sheep.  The shelves are filled with farm animal stuffed animals.  The top shelf has something which is actually directly from Pinterest, it is the alphabet framed with the 'E' in blue, and the bottom says "is for Elijah."  I love it.  Above the window to the left is his name in painted letters, but I couldn't get it in the picture.  The wall to the right are 3 closets, the middle one has his dresser in it.

And that's Elijah's room.  Hope you enjoyed the tour!


No comments:

Post a Comment