Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Reality

Our home visit with the social worker is over.  And, honestly, just like all the adoption books I've been reading have predicted, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  That doesn't mean all the cleaning and preparations were unnecessary.  It was just a more relaxed process than I anticipated.  Our social worker arrived and came into the kitchen were we sat around the table filling out paperwork while we had muffins (that I decided to bake so that the house smelled warm and homey) and coffee. 

Then we just gave her a tour around the house.  It was really fairly simple.  And then she left.  We kind of stood there and looked at each other and said "well, what now?"  There is a three part seminar series our agency is hosting that we are going to.  We are 2/3 done with it and those hours count toward our 16 hours each of training.  So all we have to do is finish training.  Really....All we have to do is finish training.  That is so weird. 

It has been close to 3 years since we have started thinking seriously about adoption and now here we are.  Finish our training and our profile will start being given to birthmothers.  That is the strangest thought.  I thought there would be more to it than this...not that I want there to be.  I just thought it would be harder somehow.  Of course, our homestudy hasn't been approved yet, it could still be really hard.  I sincerely hope it's not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment