Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Reading list

One day, while I was wandering around Barnes and Noble, I decided I needed to carry a little notebook with me when I went into bookstores so I could write down all the titles of the books I saw and wanted to read so I could order them from the library.  Not long after, I acquired the notebook and started scribbling down titles I wanted to look into.  This is what I have come up with so far.

The Elegance of the Hedgehog
Mistress of the Art of Death
Romancing Miss Bronte--Read it, loved it
Water for Elephants--Reading it now
Wide Sargasso Sea
The Secret Garden
Les Miserables
The Clowns of God
Chasing Shakespeares--Read it, found it aggravating...see previous post
The Forgotten Garden
The Unbearable Lightness of Being
How the West was Won
The Jewel of St. Petersburg
The Eyre Affair
Captive Queen

Lost in Austen
The Agony and the Ecstacy
Rooftops of Tehran
The Lacemakers of Glenmara
Within the Hollow Crown
Quo Vadis
Agnes Grey
Shirley
The Insomniac
Villette
American Lion
Goodbye Mr. Chips
Silas Marner

 That's it for now, but the list is ever-growing, ever changing.  If you can think of something you think I should read, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment