Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

New Experiences


This past week has been filled with new experiences. On Friday July 3, I left Midway Airport bound for Dulles in Washington DC. I was to stay with my sister-in-law in Virginia until the 9th, then drive my brother's car to Philadelphia to be in a wedding for a good friend on the 10th, then drive back to Virginia after the wedding and fly out the next day.

The newness began almost immediately. My flight from Midway had a layover of about 3 hours in Atlanta. It is the first time I've ever had a layover on a flight and the first time I'd ever been to that airport. Leaving from Atlanta, I sat on the plane next to a very nice woman and we chatted the entire way to DC.

I have never been to our nation's capital, I have never been out to the east coast, so this was going to be interesting. On the Monday after I arrived, Alicia and I went to Arlington National Cemetery and Washington and saw the Washington Monument, the Vietnam Memorial, the Lincoln Memorial, the World War II Memorial, the Museum of Natural History and the Museum of American History.

Tuesday we went to Annapolis, Maryland, where Nate and Alicia used to live. I fell completely in love with Annapolis. Right on the Chesapeake Bay with fresh seafood, historic colonial neighborhoods, and a great downtown area. It was amazing. I could easily...easily live there.

On Wednesday we traveled to Richmond, which is about an hour and 30 minutes south of Nate and Alicia's place. We saw the Confederate White House, the Museum of the Confederacy, and the Richmond Raceway. (Alicia likes Nascar).

Allie's wedding was great and the parts of Philadelphia that I saw between rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, bridesmaid breakfast, and the wedding were nice.

I had a great time hanging out with Alicia and traveling around.

1 comment:

  1. That's so nice! I'm really glad you enjoyed yourself and got some good time with Alicia.

    Also, I'm pleased to see the Dunlap shirt. ;)

    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete