Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Update

So, I have been doing my best lately to keep the adoption process out of the blog.  Partially because it was all I wrote about for a while and nothing new was happening, but also for myself.  I get tired of having nothing new to say.  But this month is our one year followup with our social worker, so I thought I'd do a quick update.

Nothing new is happening really, we haven't heard from anyone.  Our agency has decided they are going to start updating families monthly with how many people have looked at their profile.  I'm not sure I want that.  I don't know if I can handle knowing how many birthfamilies look at our profile every month and still don't choose us.  Nathan said he would like to know, though, so I assume we'll say we'd like to get the e-mail.

As you can probably tell, I'm starting to get a little down-hearted about it all.  In June, our two-year contract is up and we haven't really decided where we're going to go from there.  I've stopped buying new things because I didn't want to get too much accumulated.

We've been trying to think of new ways to make the profile more attractive to birthfamilies.  When we signed our contract with the agency they asked us if there was a specific dollar amount we would be willing to contribute monthly to a birthmother's living and medical expenses.  This is a common practice in adoption, but we didn't have a number picked out so we just left it blank.  We've been revisiting that idea and also wondering if there is something we can do to make the house look more appealing.  The picture of it in our profile is not so great.

Okay, I have to stop writing about this now and go dry my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment