Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Same old...

I know that every year it seems I do a post about Halloween decorations.  I'm sure this is getting boring for some people, but I keep getting new decorations that are so much fun I can't help but wanting to share them.  So here we go...again:


I found this at Crimson Ridge this fall and I love it.  I believe the design on the pumpkin is a witch flying against the moon over a cemetery and haunted house.

This was at Crimson Ridge last year and I practically had to be dragged out of the store without it.  Fortunately, my mother noticed how much I wanted it and made sure it appeared under her Christmas tree.  It's resin and the writing on it is from Macbeth:
"Eye of newt and toe of frog
Wool of bat and tongue of dog
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting
Lizard's leg and howlet's wing
For a charm of powerful trouble
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble
Double, double toil and trouble
Fire burn and cauldron bubble"
The books underneath it were given to us by Nathan's dad and they are just about the same size and color as the decoration.

Most of this is new.  The wall applique says "Be Afraid of things that go bump in the night."  I found it at Michaels and love it.  That's also where the bats came from.  The spider web basket and pumpkin, which is black and has silver spiderwebs on it both came from my mom and dad for Christmas by way of Crimson Ridge.  (Seriously, I love that place.)

Here's a close up of the spider web basket and pumpkin.

...And that's just about all the new stuff.  Not a single black cat to be seen this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment