Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sweater

I was shocked.  I slipped the sweater down of my head and...it fit.  Not perfectly, not without pulling a bit at the bottom, but well enough that I won't feel silly if I wear it out in public.

There are some things I would change, but for the first time, I have actually knitted a sweater I can wear.  I made clothing.  The sleeves and the sweater body are both just about the right length.  How great is that?!

This was my first real work with button holes and I don't think the ones I made are entirely stable, but that's how we learn.  And yes, I realize red buttons on a light green sweater look a little silly, but I just wanted to get it finished.

It looks much better than I anticipated.  And I finished just in time for fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment