Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Night owl

I've been on third shift for about a month now and the answer for anyone who is curious is: yes, I do love it as much as I thought I would.

I don't mind going to bed first thing when I get home and sleeping until just before or just after Nathan gets home.  I like having the whole night to spend time with him.  The only problem with sleeping during the day has been the cats, they usually want attention when I'm trying to sleep.

The strangest thing about it all is my weekends.  I have tried to maintain mostly the same schedule every day, even my days off, going to bed between 4:30 and 6.  So, after Nathan goes to bed those days usually around 1 am, I have several hours to myself before I'm ready to turn in.

It's interesting to find things for myself to do that won't disturb him.  I've tried to fill that time with purpose, using it to write and that usually works pretty well (but not tonight).  I watch movies Nathan doesn't like to watch with me (think: the new Jane Eyre or any Jane Eyre.)  Sometimes I even play video games.

I don't know why it feels so odd to have time to myself in the middle of the night, especially since I've always been a night person, but I'm slowly getting used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment