Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Accomplishment

I'll not say a lot about this, because it's a Christmas present. But the person it's for doesn't read the blog, so I feel relatively safe posting a picture and bragging a bit.

I saw the pattern for this in a magazine at my old job and fell in love with the idea of it. I knew exactly who would like it and was thinking about making it when my sister-in-law Janelle gave me some beautiful yarn for Christmas last year and I decided it would work perfectly in the blanket.

Essentially, it is four scarves each of different colors and patterns sewn together to make a blanket. I learned quite a bit for this project. I learned how to basket weave, how to cable knit and how to make fringe and tassels. I hate tassels, by the way. I just finished it today and am quite proud of it. I can't wait for Christmas, now.

2 comments: